Wednesday, May 7, 2008

April Just One for TJ Swap

I colored the Prima Flower with my Copic markers to match my card since I couldn't find one that was the shades I like. I colored the whole thing then used my blender pen to take some of the color out and leave it more of an edged type look (I guess that is what you would call it) anyway custom colored flowers to match - pretty cool!

The technique I used was from TJ newsletter ( Dec 07) and is called Dry Embossed Wash. It uses the Cuttlebug, some Gesso and some watercolors LOL! Pretty easy and a nice effect. Colors are soft pastels and it looks better IRL. I did some layering and distressed the edges a bit then added the custom colored flower.

I added some stamping to the envelope and off it went to my partner :)

This is a fun effect to get and I can't wait to try again with more cuttlebugged backgrounds...
Man I need my craft room back together!
It is driving me bonkers to have to dig for things only as I need them!

I will share some photo's of the mess to show you all in a bit.


No comments: